Saturday, April 28, 2012

Shut the Front Door!

Because you can only read about a nursery project for so long before you abandon ship...I am going to mix it up a little bit today and talk about my obsession love of unexpected color on a front door. 


Who wouldn't smile walking up to one of these doors?

Yellow is cheerful and welcoming...Who hasn't seen this picture a million times and thought "I'm going to go paint my front door yellow right this very minute". Me...that's who. (Still contemplating it).


Blue is calming...I adore this combination.


And of course there are always what I like to refer to as the old standby's...red, brown, black. Most of the houses in my neighborhood have cranberry, dark brown and black. Never being one to "fit in"...I like to repaint my door about once a year. Why not orange...or coral...or....TURQUOISE (be still my heart)!

I've been working on getting the front entry area spring-i-fied. Currently, my door color is BM Wythe Blue (turquoise). Wanna see? The siding color is a Sherwin Williams gray that I can't quite remember off the top of my head. But it gives me a lot of leeway with door colors. 




I made the wreath out of coffee filters...The urns were from Goodwill. $8 ea. Ferns are fake from Hobby Lobby (the urns are not good at drying up). The rug is from Grocery Outlet...$5. The little bell on the side of the house was from a garage sale for $2. Adirondack chair is from Harbor Freight. $30. You do NOT have to spend a ton of money to make it beautiful.

 The bench (with her fancy new yellow coat of paint) was a hand-me-down from my sister. And those super awesome flower boxes? Habitat Re-Store. $3 each. They are old vintage, and exactly what the front of my house needed...


I still love coming home to this color. Go get crazy with a paint brush. Want some more inspiration for Wythe Blue? Love lovity love this color!




So. What are you waiting for? Go get crazy with your bad selves!

xo-Chris

Linking up to:

25 comments:

  1. Your porch is lovely! I'm impressed with how inexpensive it was too. I've been itching to paint my front door and Wythe Blue is on the list. I have had it on the interior of my back door for a few years now and still really like it. However, I'm in a bit of a undecided mode because my home is red brick. I love the look of a lovely warm gray with white trim and the blue door like your home so I'm afraid it might not work for my house. It's only paint though right? Thanks for sharing your lovely space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty porch! I adore the color you chose for your door, and those pillows nearby look amazing, too! Thanks so much for linking up at Remodelaholic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did yu make your own wreath I loveit? I am coffee filter challenged apparently:/ Your place looks so nice and the color for the door is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the pics remind me of somehting my sister did..
    after taking pics of many different styles of front doors while in Europe, she then framed them separatly & hung them in a small wall by her front door :=)
    so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first photo looks fascinating. I think you'll never fail to look at these doors when you come across with them. I like the variation of colors; there are dark and bright shades. Bewitching, isn't it? I conclude that it's fun to go bold in experimenting on home exterior paint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That yellow door is one of my favourite pictures!

    So dreamy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the whythe blue. I want to see what u think it would look with my house its white siding and my roof is metal copper color.Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that would be so lovely! It's just the pop of color you need!
      xo-Chris

      Delete
  8. How does this color look with Christmas decorations? I LOVE it and your front porch area but a lot of my christmas decor is tradition green and red and I can't see it looking very pretty in my head :/ thanks in advance

    -holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly I think it would look great with those colors for Christmas! And Christmas decor is temporary so even if it is a little clashy, the other 11 months out of the year, your door would look awesome!
      xo-Chris

      Delete
  9. Is the siding a grey or a griege? Perfect griege, Mega Griege? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I would like to know the names of the siding and trim paint as well, please!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is best if you remove the door firstly before proceeding on with the painting process. The surface of the door should also be first thoroughly examined for any type of cracks. You can paint your front doors and security doors in precisely any color you want.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this color combination and am looking for the "right" warm color of gray. What is this gray color for the house?
    Thanks!!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this color combination and am looking for the "right" warm color of gray. What is this gray color for the house?
    Thanks!!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. What color shutters do you recommend when using the BM Wythe Blue (turquoise) for the front door? Our house has tan siding and the shutters are currently a hunter green color.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What color shutters do you recommend when using the BM Wythe Blue (turquoise) for the front door? Our house has tan siding and the shutters are currently a hunter green color.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd like to know where you purchased the indoor blinds for the sidelights by the door. I have the same color trim and siding so I'm going for the Wythe blue this year. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I chose Bracken House Blue, a Williamsburg color that is really more gray than blue, for my shutters. Looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Freckle Face Girl, where did you get your aqua pillows you used with your Wythe Blue front door? Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. **That Blue** on house numbers 3828 do you happen to know the name of that color?
    We'd love that transformation immediately!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Where did you find your urns? I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. which is a immature share of the issues many people unrecorded with sect now, but but making improved lives for group that is direction on feat them much , getting them punter aid and making certain their kids get enlightened.custom front door handles

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good job on posting an informative article related to Blue Front Door
    . I am also reading through all your other blog posts as well.

    ReplyDelete