Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wing Chair Re-upholstering

To say I may be in over my head is an understatement. But that's ok. I've been here before. I upholstered my "french chair" and decided that I now can tackle two old wing chairs that have been sitting in my bedroom for quite awhile. They are gross...so I used an old Ektorp Slipcover for a couch I no longer have and stapled (and may have used hot glue...shhhh) to just get them manageable until I could deal with them.

 I think I'm ready. Or maybe not...but either way, one is halfway stripped to her bones, so there's no going back now. I will never live in fear of changing the things and home around me into something I love, and you shouldn't either. What's the worst that happens? They aren't going to get any prettier...I've waited. Didn't happen. I have visions of these keeping me afloat.












My chairs will be going in my front living room to soften the leather furniture...I am using a dropcloth as my fabric because I want the nubby texture, and I may use blue ticking for the back/sides. How cool would that be...or not. We'll see!!

Thanks for coming by. Grab a cup of coffee and see what else I've been up to!

xo-Chris

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I think you have the right attitude! Honestly, they really will look great whatever you do! Good luck. And if you already have it stripped down...you have the hard part done! Can't wait to see.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete