Remember that chair I picked up on Craigslist last week? It's made quite the transformation, although it's not finished, I thought I would share what it's looking like right now.
Here is the before (after I slapped some paint on it's arms and legs - because I have no patience)
It was in great shape - really sturdy, but that fabric was gross...and after I got started, I wondered if I should go get a tetanus booster. Not kidding.
This is layer two. Hmm. I'm thinking 70's, correct me if I'm wrong. Love the coordinating fabrics...double ew.
Once I pulled this layer off, and took out the 621 gazillion staples, I just used the fabric as a guide to cut my new fabric. I bought a heavier weight Osnaburg fabric at Joann (s) and doubled it up for extra strength. It was on sale for around $3 a yard. YAY! I know it's not as strong as upholstery grade fabric, but it looks like linen and is nubby and perfect. From there it was easy (thanks to my new staple gun that I can actually squeeze with one hand and no naughty words).
Right now, it sits unfinished because I need an actual upholstery part for the back...so until I get around to ordering that...here she is. All frenchy and purdy...
I used multiple layers of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Pure White, and French Linen and distressed her within an inch of her life. She is smooth like silk. I added the grain sack stripes because it was just missing something...I may do another french grain sack stencil next to it.
Just for fun, here are my inspiration pieces from Pinterest...
Linking up to: