Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Boys Room-getting there

I've been working on the boys room here and there. I moved them into the same room last April, and am mostly so glad I did. Every now and then, (when someone little cries because his bedtime is earlier than the older one, and they should just be able to go to bed together) it get's a little tricky. 
The plan was to do a vintage aviation type of thing - mostly because that's the stuff I've had around since the oldest little moved into his first big boy room - and I still really like that it can grow with them (unlike dino's, or cheetah's - which someone has mentioned wanting his room to be like more than once)... 
I made the duvet's - featured here. 
And the red cross pillows - featured  here.

 Here is what it looked like before moving both boys into the same room (yes - those are dinosaurs...I've seen the error in my ways.). I was a saturated color kind of girl. I still like it :) 




And now... {warning: loads of pics ahead}











I'm pretty happy with it - but it still feels like it's missing something...my heart says stripes. My brain says nope. I am thinking about doing something funky to their dresser's - maybe a big giant flag or something. Who knows. Teething baby and deciding that I needed to completely reorganize the kitchen keeps me from starting any more insanity right now. Maybe.

Thanks for stopping by! 
xo-Chris

Linking up to:
Keeping it Simple: Motivate me Mondays
Skip To My Lou; Made by you Monday
Between Naps on the Porch: Metamorphosis Monday
Be Colorful: Motivated Monday
The Gunny Sack. What's in the Gunny Sack?
Making the World Cuter Monday

16 comments:

  1. What an adorable boy's room! You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome room for two lucky boys. Although everything is fabulous from the color of paint to the beds, the two things that really caught my eye are the jar of marbles and the footprint pictures. Isn't it always the little things that make the room? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks great! love the color combos and the sock monkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great inspiration for a boys room....which I am struggling with ;) love the dresser/shelf wall - so much storage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the room! I have two boys and will be doing their room in about a year when the baby is out of his crib. Where did you get the curtains or the fabric they are made out of? I've been searching for green like those red ones.
    autumnmcox@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I made the curtains (Nester style - new sewing, just gather and clip) from fabric from fabric.com. They are a really great nubby thick fabric and because they are heavy, they hang well.
      xo-chris

      Delete
  6. I Love this! I'm with "anonymous" - two boys and doing hteir room when the baby is a bit bigger! My first boy had a red, white and yellow room with red and white gingham, and my 2nd has navy and white ticking stripes, so I'm going to combine them like you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your nice comments!!
    xo-Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, again, your house is SO cute. So glad I found you via The Shabby Nest linky party!

    Britta @TheHandmadeHouse.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did you make the lamp shades?! Darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer-I just used extra ticking fabric I had left over, and glued it around the existing lamp shade that was starting to look a little worn and grimey. The lights are from Ikea - they were in the "as is" section, so I got them for a few dollars a piece and just spray painted them bronze.
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo-Chris

      Delete
  10. What color paint did you use on the walls? love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The khaki color is "Universal Khaki" by SW...thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. Hi whered you get the bedding? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The striped bedding? I made the ticking duvet (check the busy momma series) - just some fabric sewn to a sheet to make a giant pillowcase...easy peasy!
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo-Chris

      Delete