Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Coconut Lime Chicken {Recipe}

This isn't a foodie blog - but I like to share a little bit of everything. You can only decorate so many rooms, right?! 

Sometimes you come across a recipe SO. GOOD. You must share. For the greater good of the people. And their tastebuds. So, consider this me, giving  you the answer to all of your chicken dreams, and read on.

Since I'm not a professional foodie blog, I forgot to take step by step pictures yesterday while making this meal. I had 4 kids to feed that were gnawing at my feet waiting to get fed. Priorities people.

But after you taste this chicken, you won't care that I didn't have a gazillion beautifully photographed steps of me sprinkling cumin on chicken. You will just be super thankful that I shared it.

I buy chicken in bulk. Like, 2 40 pound cases every 6 months. This cuts down on random trips to the grocery store and over time saves me a bunch of money. I buy through a company called ZAYCON FOODS (if you click that link, it will bring you to my referral page that will give me $1 if you make an order). They deliver incredible products at great prices across the country. They aren't my sponsors and don't have anything to do with my blog. I am just sharing that with 4 children, and 2 adults, it's a great way to buy fresh bulk, quality meat.

Anyway, when I get my chicken, I immediately bag 40 pounds of it into individual meals to throw in the freezer. Most of them are ready to be baked or put in the crock pot. I also freeze plain chicken with a recipe written on the front of the bag. Really any of these options makes dinner as easy as grabbing take out. No thinking. I'm all about that!

Like this:

 
Put the lime in the coconut and shake it all up...I said Doctor...
 
Ahem. Here is the recipe.
 
 
Coconut Lime Chicken
 
2 large chicken breasts  
Zest and juice from 2 limes
2 teaspoons cumin
3 teaspoons coriander
4 tablespoons soy sauce 
3 teaspoons kosher salt
4 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons curry powder
1 cup coconut milk

If your chicken is really thick, pound your chicken down a little bit. Otherwise, just put in a bowl. Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. 
Marinate 1.5 hours (I marinated mine 3 hours).

To prepare - remove the chicken from the marinade. KEEP THE MARINADE. You are going to boil it for a few minutes on the stove.

Saute the chicken until thoroughly cooked through. While cooking, bring the marinade to a slow, low boil on the stove for at least 3 minutes. I simmered mine for 15 minutes while I cooked the chicken. You need to make sure any raw chicken in the sauce is cooked. 
 
Cut the chicken into thin strips and serve over quinoa, drizzled in the coconut lime curry sauce. Or put into a warmed pita with greens, drizzled with sauce. Or eat straight from the pan.
 
Devour. 
 
Thank me later. 

 xo-Chris

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. I'm going to try it ans substitute the soy sauce with coconut aminos and the sugar with honey to make it SCD legal for me. Thanks for the recipe sweetie.

    ReplyDelete


  2. تعد خدمات التنظيف المتعلقه بالمنزل بصفه عامه ان الامور الهامه حاليا لما لها من ترابط وثيق بالصحه والقضاء علي الامراض وخصيصا تنظيف الخزانات والتي تعد من الضروريات حيث يجب تنظيفها بصفه دوري
    تنظيف منازل بالخرج
    تنظيف مساجد بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف منازل بجدة
    تنظيف خزانات بالخرج
    فان كنت عميلنا الكريم من الرياض او الخرج او جده فنحن نوفر لك افضل خدمات التنظيف العامه بمعدات حديثه وعماله مدربه
    شركة تنظيف مجالس بالخرج


    ReplyDelete