Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Card Catalog {Hardware}

Card Catalog inspired furniture has been catching my eye for a while now - I'm drawn to it and have wished upon many a twinkly star that Craig{slist} would bestow upon me a library castoff that was old and perfect and free. 

I'm still waiting.

Card catalog hardware isn't so hard to find, thank goodness. You can really change the entire look of a piece of furniture just with the knobs...(a collective "DUH" is coming). But SERIOUSLY you guys. It can. And lucky for me, you can have the castoff card catalog look without waiting a millionthousandandtwo years to get the real deal (and who really needs umpteen itsy bitsy drawers anyway?). 

Card Catalog Furniture


This is just a regular old dresser. Converted into a cooler version of itself. Thanks to labels  holders.

Card Catalog Dresser  
  
Card Catalog Buffet  

Card Catalog Chest

They kind of feel like the nerdy kid that saved the girl and now he's really cool and everyone loves him. No? 

$2.95
$7.79
$11.99
$3.49

$1.49

I'm really drawn to the antique brass for these, but you could easily get them on clearance in any finish and Rub 'n Buff them to get the finish you want. 
 
How do I know? Because I just got these...
 
.89
 On super clearance for .89 each. EIGHTY NINE CENTS. Each. Oh. My. Labeling goodness.
 
I got 12 of them for the boys dressers. And I Rub n' Buffed them. In Antique Gold. I had to. Once you RnB, you can't stop. 
 
So I did end up spending a little bit of money on their room update after all. But .89 each people.
 
I've got the cup pull ones coming for my bathroom but they are on back order. For apparently ever. So, there's that.
 
Does card catalog hardware make your heart go pitter patter?
 
xo-Chris
 


2 comments:

  1. Oh I liked your card catalogue inspiration and those handles - beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete